4-H Virtual Showcase
It’s your time to shine! We want to put your work on display.
If you have an ABA (Anything but Animals) or Livestock/Animal project that you have been working on and were planning on exhibiting it at the Glenn County Fair, we want to see it! We will be accepting entries for the Glenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase starting, Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Your entries can be submitted by a short video or pictures and a short paragraph. See details about your submission below.
Event FlyerGlenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase Flyer 2020
Informational PacketGlenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase Information 2020
How to Participate
Every entry submitted throughout the week will be presented on our website and social media every Friday until Friday, May 15, 2020. We will combine all entries received the following week and showcase them on our website for the remainder of the year.
Any Glenn County 4-H Member with an ABA (Anything but Animals) and/or Livestock/Animal Exhibit, and 4-H Members that have completed their project, including:
- Be a member in good standing,
- Complete a minimum of six hours of project instruction or more as required by the project leader in project area.
Call the UCCE Office at (530) 865-1107 to complete the survey over the phone or complete the online survey with your 4-H division and project category. Online registration at: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=30014.
- Show and tell us about your project in a short video (no more than 45 seconds long) and/or submit 2-3 pictures and include a short paragraph (prepared talk) about your project.
- Email your videos and/or picture entries to firstname.lastname@example.org upload them to the survey.
Evaluation & Awards
Would you like to improve your skills and receive feedback from evaluators that specialize in your species or project skill? If so, here are some tips to help guide you in your video or pictures. Participating in this portion of the showcase will help build upon your skills and goals for your project. A certificate will be presented to participating members for evaluation submissions.
What to show in your pictures/video of your animal:
- Some photo options would be side profile view, front view, back view, top view. Highlight your animal’s best characteristics. Tell us what you like about your project in your paragraph and if there was something you could change, what would it be and why?
- For a video, assume the camera is the evaluator. You can walk your animal, stop, and pose. Capture your animal at its best angle.
What to show in your pictures/video of your Quilting, Sewing, Arts & Crafts (ABA Project):
- Display your whole project in your photos and videos. Let us take a closer look at your detailed work.
- For a video, assume the camera is the evaluator. You can tell us about your pattern, color scheme, why you made the choices you did and what was challenging.
Some suggestions for your video prepared talk or paragraph…
- Member’s name, club, age and division.
- Project species and name of animal.
- Age of the animal.
- Tell us what you like most about your animal?
- What was your biggest challenge with your animal?
- What was the most valuable lesson you learned this year?
- Demonstrate how you show your animal.
- Member’s name, club, age and division.
- Project type.
- What made you choose this design?
- What made you choose these colors?
- What did you learn this year?
- What do you like most about your project?
- Was this a challenging project for you? Why?
- What new skill did you learn?
How can the Virtual Showcase count in my record book? You can choose from a few categories on your Personal Development Report (PDR) to capture this virtual event in your record books.
- #2. 4-H Project Skill Activities – Exhibited project in the Glenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase
- #3. Events Attended – Glenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase
- #6. Communication Skills – Prepared talk and video and/or prepared project story and photo submission for the Glenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase
- #7. Honors and Recognition - Glenn County 4-H Virtual Showcase Evaluation and Certificate
*You can only count activities in one category, except for an event attended and honors and recognition.