WHAT IS A HI 4-H MEMBER?
A Glenn County Hi 4-H member is a member who actively participates in both regular meetings and community service events. As a Hi 4-H member, you have shown and will continue to display outstanding qualities. Being a Hi 4-H member is an excellent opportunity to gain further experiences and enhances your growth in leadership and community involvement.
Qualities of a Hi 4-H member:
- Responsible and reliable
- A leader
- A team player
- An effective listener
- A positive role model
- Share experiences and express new ideas for 4-H community involvement
- Respectful of others
Glenn County Hi 4-H Member Information Sheet
(Deadline to sign-up is Thursday, August 25, 2016 - please call the UCCE Office to be added to the list)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A HI 4-H MEMBER
- Work together as a team to represent the Glenn County 4-H program. Represent 4-H at civic and community affairs and share 4-H experiences to promote 4-H as requested.
- Help at countywide events: Farm Day, Canned Food Drive, Adopt a Family, 4-H Dinner Carnival, Fair Cleanup Day.
- Attend at least 1 of the Glenn County 4-H Council meetings that are held on the third Monday of each month, except if there is a holiday on that Monday, it would be held on Tuesday. There are no Council meetings in May, July & December.
- Plan, implement and carry out countywide community service activities throughout 2016-17 as a team.
- Be 11 years of age (As of Dec. 31) or older
- Currently enrolled in the Glenn County 4-H Program