5 Presentation Award
2016-2017 GLENN COUNTY 4-H
5 PRESENTATION AWARD GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
(Deadline is Thursday, June 29, 2017)
WHAT IS THE PRESENTATION AWARD?
The Five Presentation Award is a medal given to a 4-H member who has presented their 4-H presentation five or more times during the program year.
WHY SHOULD I EARN THIS AWARD?
Public speaking skills are very important in today’s world. You can learn to plan and prepare a presentation, speak before groups with self esteem and confidence, share the skills and knowledge you have learned in 4-H with others, promote 4-H in your community and show what skills 4-H has taught you.
HOW CAN I EARN THIS AWARD?
- Give a presentation at least five (5) times during the program year with an audience of at least eight people. Some examples of locations to present your demonstration are at club meetings, project meetings, county presentation day, sectional presentation day, service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups, etc.
- You MUST have a signature from each group verifying your presentation was given with the total number of people in the audience.
- Presentations given to neighbors, relatives, or friends DO NOT count.
- You must have your Key Leader’s signature of approval once the application is completed.
- All application forms will be checked to insure that your presentation was given five (5) times and met all requirements.
- You application form is to be turned in by June 29 to the UCCE Office.
Applications are due no later than Thursday, June 29, 2017 to the Cooperative Extension Office. Incomplete applications with out all the signatures will not be accepted. Please read all the instructions carefully. You can also mail the application to:
Glenn County Cooperative Extension
P.O. Box 697
Orland, CA 95963
Awards will be presented at the Star Awards Dinner in the Fall.