Glenn County 4-H Scholarships
GLENN COUNTY 4-H SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
Glenn County 4-H Council will be awarding scholarships, again for 2017. Applicants will be selected based on cumulative results of the application, on the individuals personal interviews, and growth in the 4-H program. Scholarship distribution will be given in two increments at the beginning of each semester once the recipient has sent their class schedule and unofficial transcript to the Cooperative Extension Office. 4-H Scholarship Recipients must turn in a Record Book their senior year to be eligible to receive the Scholarship. Scholarship distribution must start fall quarter/semester of application year with the exception of recipients serving in the military. The student must maintain a 2.5 grade point average in college.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
- Graduating high school senior.
- Currently an active 4-H member.
- Completed 4 years of 4-H or received a Gold Star.
- Achieved a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average and meet entrance requirements to a university, community college, vocational school or military service.
- Completed and signed application.
- Three letters of recommendation - Letters should include information about your character, abilities, interests, leadership and community involvement.
o At least one must be from a 4-H Leader and the other two can be outside 4-H, non-related adult community members
- Current photo for publicity purposes.
- Current official sealed high school transcript.
- Two – three page essay typed (See essay details on the back).
- Deliver 4-H Book to the Cooperative Extension Office.
All of the above items must be completed and received at the Glenn County Cooperative Extension Office by mail or hand delivered no later than Thursday, March 23, 2017 for consideration. Final selection will be by interview on Thursday, April 6, 2017, 6:30 p.m., at the Cooperative Extension Office in Orland. Be sure to schedule your interview appointment by calling the Cooperative Extension Office at 865-1107.
Mail the Application to:
Glenn County 4-H Council, P.O Box 697, Orland, CA 95963
Hand Deliver the Application to:
UC Cooperative Extension, Glenn County, 821 East South Street, Orland, CA 95963