Glenn County 4-H Scholarships
2018 GLENN COUNTY 4-H
SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
Glenn County 4-H Council will be awarding scholarships, again for 2018. Applicants will be selected based on cumulative results of the application, on the individual’s personal interviews, and growth in the 4-H program. Scholarship distribution will be given in two increments at the beginning of each semester once the recipient has sent their class schedule and unofficial transcript to the UCCE Office. Scholarship distribution must start fall quarter/semester of application year with the exception of recipients serving in the military.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
- Graduating high school senior
- Currently an active 4-H member
- Achieved a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average and meet entrance requirements to a university, community college, vocational school or military service.
- Completed and signed application
- Resume (senior 4-H resume or other format)
- Letters of recommendation
- One 4-H advisor, program representative, or adult volunteer reference and one professional reference outside of 4-H (community, work or school related) are recommended.
- Current photo for publicity purposes
- Current official sealed high school transcript
- Essay or short-answer prompts relevant to the requirements (See essay/short-answer question details on the back).
All of the above items must be completed and received at the Glenn County Cooperative Extension Office by mail or hand delivered no later than Monday, April 16, 2018 for consideration. Final selection will be by interview on Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 6:00 p.m., at the Cooperative Extension Office in Orland. Be sure to schedule your interview appointment by calling the Cooperative Extension Office at (530) 865-1107.
Mail the Application to:
Glenn County 4-H Council, P.O Box 697, Orland, CA 95963
Hand Deliver the Application to:
UC Cooperative Extension, Glenn County, 821 East South Street, Orland, CA 95963