Leadership Development Award
2018 GLENN COUNTY 4-H
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AWARD GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
(Deadline is Monday, April 16, 2018)
Glenn County 4-H Council sponsors one recipient’s State Leadership Conference registration fees and recognizes youth for their outstanding leadership experiences.
Any Junior of Teen Leader who has satisfactorily completed one or more years of Junior or Teen Leadership, including this current year, and is 13 years old or older by July 26, 2018. You must have your project leader=s and key leader=s approval.
Applicant must be willing to attend the State 4-H Leadership Conference, July 26-29, 2018 at University of California, Davis.
- Use the information and experience gained to help your current project or your club, including other 4-H members.
- Formulate a "plan of action" on what you intend to do for your club or project group with the information you learn from the State Leadership Conference. Work with your project and key leaders on this.
- Give a report of your State Leadership experience to the Glenn County 4-H Council and your 4-H Club upon your return and share with them your "plan of action".
- Must be willing to try new things in your project group.
- Must show interest in self-growth and service to your club program.
- Must show concern and interest in others and be willing to encourage younger members to achieve their goals.
Applications need two letters of recommendation: one from a 4-H Advisor, program representative, or adult volunteer reference and one professional reference outside of 4-H (community, work or school related) are recommended, and a current photo for publicity purposes, turned into the Cooperative Extension Office no later than Monday, April 16, 2018.
Read carefully, complete and sign application. Return it to the Cooperative Extension Office, by Monday, April 16, 2018. It can be typed or hand written in black ink.
You will be interviewed beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Cooperative Extension Office in Orland on Wednesday, April 25, 2018. Be sure to schedule your interview appointment by calling the Cooperative Extension Office at 865-1107.
Mail the Application to:
Glenn County 4-H Council, P.O Box 697, Orland, CA 95963
Hand Deliver the Application to:
UC Cooperative Extension Glenn County, 821 East South Street, Orland, CA 95963