Leadership Development Award
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AWARD GUIDELINES
Glenn County 4-H Council sponsors one recipient’s State Leadership Conference registration fees and recognizes youth for their outstanding leadership experiences.
Any Junior of Teen Leader who has satisfactorily completed one or more years of Junior or Teen Leadership, including this current year, and is 13 years old or older by July 20, 2017. You must have your project leader=s and key leader=s approval.
Applicant must be willing to attend the State 4-H Leadership Conference, July 20-23, 2017 at University of California, Davis.
- Use the information and experience gained to help your current project or your club, including other 4-H members.
- Formulate a "plan of action" on what you intend to do for your club or project group with the information you learn from the State Leadership Conference. Work with your project and key leaders on this.
- Give a report of your State Leadership experience to the Glenn County 4-H Council and your 4-H Club upon your return and share with them your "plan of action".
- Must be willing to try new things in your project group.
- Must show interest in self-growth and service to your club program.
- Must show concern and interest in others and be willing to encourage younger members to achieve their goals.
Applications need two letters of recommendation, one from a 4-H leader and one from another adult, such as a community member, teacher, etc. (non-relative), and a current photo for publicity purposes, turned into the Cooperative Extension Office no later than Monday, March 23, 2017.
Read carefully, complete and sign application. Return it to the Cooperative Extension Office, by Thursday, March 23, 2017, along with your Record Book. It can be typed or hand written in black ink.
You will be interviewed beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Cooperative Extension Office in Orland onThursday, April 6, 2017. Be sure to schedule your interview appointment by calling the Cooperative Extension Office at 865-1107.
Mail the Application to:
Glenn County 4-H Council, P.O Box 697, Orland, CA 95963
Hand Deliver the Application to:
UC Cooperative Extension Glenn County, 821 East South Street, Orland, CA 95963