Josh S. Davy
Livestock, Range, and Natural Resources AdvisorCooperative Extension Tehama County
1754 Walnut Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Josh Davy conducts the Livestock and Natural Resources Program for Glenn, Colusa and Tehama Counties. The program provides research and educational support in the areas of livestock, range, irrigated pasture and natural resource management. Current and future projects work to keep production agriculture and natural resources healthy and sustainable.
M.S. Animal biology, University of California, Davis. 2007
B.S. Agriculture business, California State University, Chico. 2003
Minor Animal science, California State University, Chico. 2003
Minor Business administration, California State University, Chico. 2003
SpecialtyLivestock, Range and Irrigated Pasture
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Pasture - Irrigated
- Animals and Their Systems
- Animal Management Systems
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Management of Range Resources
- Merril-Davies, M.; Davy, Josh S. (2012). Irrigated pasture grass and clover selection for areas without summer rain.
- Peterson, V.F.; Kyser, G.B. (2012). "Preemergent control of medusahead on California annual rangelands with aminopyralid." Rangeland Ecology & Management 65(4): 418-425.
- Becchetti, T.A.; Davy, Josh S. (2011). Establishing and managing irrigated pasture for horses. UC ANR. publication 8486
- Forero, L.C.; Davy, Josh S. (2011). Managing smutgrass in irrigated pastures. UC ANR. publication 8473
- Tietje, W.; McCreary, D. (2011). "Tree shelters and weed control enhance growth and survival of natural blue oak seedlings." Cal Ag 65(4): 192-196.
- Ditomaso, J.M.; Davy, Josh S. (2008). Barb Goatgrass. UC ANR. publication 8315
- Bell, T.C.; Hoar, B.R. (2008). "Herd-level management and biosecurity factors associated with measures of reproductive success in California beef cow-calf herds." The Bovine Practitioner 42(2): 1-7.
- Oltjen, J.W.; Davy, Josh S. (2007). Factors affecting yield of vertically integrated and direct-marketed beef. MS thesis University of California Davis.
- Oltjen, J.W.; Davy, Josh S. (2006). "Using pre-weaning and post-weaning variables to predict carcass quality." Proc. Western Section Am. Soc. of Anim. Sci
- Bradley, F.; Oltjen, J. (2001). Raising animals. Small Farm Handbook.L. Tourte and B. Faber. Oakland, CA, University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 3526: 145-161.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Livestock Production Systems - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member
- Rangeland Watershed Program - Member