County Presentation Day
Virtual Presentation Day
Friday, January 28, 2022
(Zoom links will emailed to all participants email in 4-H Online)
Tentative Event Schedule
- 5:30 p.m. - Zoom meeting room will open for Evaluators and Room Coordinators Orientation.
- 5:45 p.m. - Evaluators and Room Coordinators Orientation via Zoom Link.
- 6:00 p.m. - Presentation Day Zoom Open
- 6:30 p.m. - Virtual Presentations to Begin
What is a 4-H Presentation?
A presentation is a method used to communicate an idea by showing and/or telling. It can be a demonstration or a talk that uses posters and other visual aids. A
4-H Presentation helps you learn to:
- Research a subject
- Organize ideas in a logical order
- Be a teacher and practice public speaking skills
Who can give a Presentation?
All 4-H'ers are encouraged to prepare a presentation to share their knowledge, enhance their public speaking skills and compete for awards.
How to Prepare for a Presentation?
A presentation may be a demonstration, illustrated talk, science or engineering presentation, educational display talk, impromptu speech, informative or persuasive prepared speech, interpretive reading, share the 4-H fun skits, and cultural arts.
When selecting a topic be sure you are familiar with the topic or have an interest in the topic. It is important to start to prepare your presentation and practice weeks in advance.
Be sure to complete the survey as detailed and accurate as possible by the registration deadline. Expect to see registration available in December.
CA 4-H Presentation ManualCalifornia 4-H Presentation Manual 2021-2022 - Revised 1.28.2021
What Awards are Given?
At the event, you will compete with other 4-H members by age divisions for awards.
Primary members (5-8 years old) will not be evaluated, and all will receive participation awards.
- Carell Kolousek Memorial Award Plaque
- A. W. Bramwell Memorial Award Plaque
- Perpetual 4-H Club Demonstration Trophy
The % of club members who give presentations
Plus 5 points for each gold medalist
Plus 3 points for each blue medalist
Plus 2 points for each older member evaluating or emceeing the event
Plus 2 points for each primary member participating
What if I cannot make the County Presentation Day?
For the 2021-2022 4-H Program year, members can give a presentation at a Club meeting, Project meeting, Council meeting, County level event, participate in the County Interview Contest, present at service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups or County Presentation Day.
OR be an evaluator or be a Room Coordinator at County/Sectional Presentation Day. To qualify as an evaluator, member must have given one gold presentation in the past and must be a Senior Member. To be a room coordinator, member must have given one gold presentation in the past and must be 13 years or older as of December 31, 2021.
- Present at Club meeting or Project meeting. (With permission of appropriate leader)
- Present at a county level event other than County Presentation Day.
- Participate in the County Interview Contest event.
- Present at service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups, etc. (Presentations given to neighbors, relatives, or friends DO NOT count.)
- Must have an audience of at least eight people.
- All information below must be completed including appropriate signatures.
- Return this application to the UCCE Office by Monday, April 18, 2022, for approval.
Evaluators & Room Coordinators
Evaluators and Room Coordinators Letter 2021-2022 coming soon!
5 Presentation Award Guidelines & Application
The Five Presentation Award is a medal given to a 4-H member who has presented their 4-H presentation five or more times during the program year.
How can I earn this award?
- Give a presentation at least five (5) times during the program year with an audience of at least eight people. Some examples of locations to present your presentation are at club meetings, project meetings, county presentation day, sectional presentation day, service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups, etc.
- You MUST have a signature from each group verifying your presentation was given with the total number of people in the audience.
- Presentations given to neighbors, relatives, or friends DO NOT
- All application forms will be checked to ensure that your presentation was given five (5) times and met all requirements. You must give your presentation at the County Presentation Day to qualify for the 5 Presentation Award.
- Your application form is to be turned in by Tuesday, July 5, 2022, to the UCCE Office.