County Presentation Day
Presentation Day 2022-2023
Friday, February 3, 2023
Willows Intermediate School, 1145 W Cedar Street, Willows
Tentative Event Schedule
- 5:30 p.m. Orientation for Evaluators and Room Coordinators
- 6:00 p.m. Youth Presenters to Arrive
- 6:30 p.m. Presentations to Begin
- T.B.D Presentation of Awards
What is a 4-H Presentation?
A presentation is a method used to communicate an idea by showing and/or telling. It can be a demonstration or a talk that uses posters and other visual aids. A
4-H Presentation helps you learn to:
- Research a subject
- Organize ideas in a logical order
- Be a teacher and practice public speaking skills
Who can give a Presentation?
All 4-H'ers are encouraged to prepare a presentation to share their knowledge, enhance their public speaking skills and compete for awards.
Presentation Day Information SheetGlenn County 4-H Presentation Day Information 2023
Event MapGlenn County 4-H Presentation Day Map 2023
NEW FOR 2022-2023:
New this Year: All 4-H members planning to exhibit at the Glenn County Fair must give a presentation regardless of age or previous awards received.
If you are attending this event to fulfill your Glenn County 4-H Fair Exhibition Requirements, the subject of the presentation must be directly related to the project being exhibited at the Glenn County Fair as explained in the 2022-2023 Glenn County 4-H Fair Exhibition Requirements. If a member will be exhibiting an ABA project as well as a livestock animal, the member can choose a presentation for either project.
How to Prepare for a Presentation?
A presentation may be a Demonstration/Illustrated Talk, Science or Engineering Presentation, Educational Display Talk, Impromptu Speech, Informative or Persuasive Prepared Speech, Interpretive Reading, Share the 4-H Fun Skits, Cultural Arts, Infographic, and Video Essay.
When selecting a topic be sure you are familiar with the topic or have an interest in the topic. It is important to start to prepare your presentation and practice weeks in advance.
Be sure to complete the survey as detailed and accurately as possible by the registration deadline. Expect to see registration available in December.
Google Slides Conversion Help
CA 4-H Presentation ManualCalifornia 4-H Presentation Manual 2021-2022 - Revised 1.28.2021
CA 4-H Presentation Manual AddendumUC 4-H Presentation Manual Addendum - Revised August 10, 2021
What Awards are Given?
At the event, you will compete with other 4-H members by age divisions for awards.
Primary members (5-8 years old) will not be evaluated, and all will receive participation awards.
- Carell Kolousek Memorial Award Plaque
- A. W. Bramwell Memorial Award Plaque
- Perpetual 4-H Club Demonstration Trophy
The % of club members who give presentations
Plus 5 points for each gold medalist
Plus 3 points for each blue medalist
Plus 2 points for each older member evaluating or emceeing the event
Plus 2 points for each primary member participating
What if I cannot make the County Presentation Day?
For the 2022-2023 4-H Program year, members can give a presentation at a Club meeting, Project meeting, Council meeting, County level event, participate in the County Interview Contest, present at service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups or County Presentation Day.
- Present at Club meeting or Project meeting. (With permission of appropriate leader)
- Present at a county level event other than County Presentation Day.
- Participate in the County Interview Contest event.
- Present at service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups, etc. (Presentations given to neighbors, relatives, or friends DO NOT count.)
- Must have an audience of at least eight people.
- All information below must be completed including appropriate signatures.
- Return this application to the UCCE Office by Monday, April 17, 2023, for approval.
- The subject of the presentation must be directly related to the project being exhibited at the Glenn County Fair. If a member will be exhibiting an ABA project as well as a livestock animal, the member can choose a presentation for either project.
Evaluators & Room CoordinatorsGlenn County 4-H Presentation Day Evaluator Invite Letter 2022-2023 What to Expect as an Evaluator Glenn County 4-H Presentation Day Room Coordinator Invite Letter 2022-2023
5 Presentation Award Guidelines & Application
The Five Presentation Award is a medal given to a 4-H member who has presented their 4-H presentation five or more times during the program year.
How can I earn this award?
- Give a presentation at least five (5) times during the program year with an audience of at least eight people. Some examples of locations to present your presentation are at club meetings, project meetings, county presentation day, a qualifying county event, sectional presentation day, service clubs, school classrooms, senior citizens groups, etc. If using the same presentation for the Fair Exhibition Requirements, remember the subject of the presentation must be directly related to the project being exhibited at the Glenn County Fair. If a member will be exhibiting an ABA project as well as a livestock animal, the member can choose a presentation for either project.
- You MUST have a signature from each group verifying your presentation was given with the total number of people in the audience.
- Presentations given to neighbors, relatives, or friends DO NOT count.
- All application forms will be checked to ensure that your presentation was given five (5) times and met all requirements. You must give your presentation at the County Presentation Day to qualify for the 5 Presentation Award.
- Your application form is to be turned in by Wednesday, July 5, 2023, to the UCCE Office.