Betsy M. Karle
Area Dairy Advisor & County DirectorCooperative Extension Glenn County
PO Box 697, 821 E. South Street
Orland, CA 95963
M.S. Ecology, UC Davis. 2003
B.S. Agriculture Systems & Environment, UC Davis. 1999
- Excellence in Conservation Innovation Planning Award
Presented by California Resource Conservation District, http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/anrreport/Archive_Oct_2015_to_present/?blogpost=22844&blogasset=90326, 2016
- Excellence in Agriculture Award
Presented by California Young Farmers & Ranchers, http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/newsletters/ANR_Report45333.pdf, 2013
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Animal Commodities and Products - General
- Livestock and Dairy
- Livestock and Dairy - General
- Dairy Cattle / Milk / Other Dairy Prod
- Goats and Goat Products
- Livestock and Dairy - Other
- Pasture - Irrigated
- Animals and Their Systems
- Animal Diseases
- Animal Welfare/Well-Being and Protection
- Environmental Stress in Animals
- Animal Management Systems
- Improved Animal Products (Before Harvest)
- Protect Food From Contamination By Pathogenic Microorganisms, Parasites, and Naturally Occurring Toxins
- Waste Disposal, Recycling, and Reuse
- Small Farms
- Science Literacy in Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Nutrition
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Love, W. J.; Lehenbauer, T. W. (2016). "Survey of management practices related to bovine respiratory disease in preweaned calves on California dairies." Journal of Dairy Science 99(2): 1483-1494.
- Davy, J.S.; Karle, B.M. (2015). "Broadleaf weed control in irrigated pasture containing Trifolium repens." Crop and Pasture Science 66: 985-991.
- Meyer, D.; Price, P. (2011). "Survey of dairy housing and manure management practices in California." Journal of Dairy Science 94: 4744-4750.
- Harter, T.; Atwill, E.R. (2008). "Developing risk models of Cryptosporidium transport in soils from vegetated, tilted soil box experiments." Journal of Environmental Quality 37: 245-258.
- Lewis, D.J.; Atwill, E.R. (2005). "Linking on-farm dairy management practices to storm-flow fecal coliform loading for California coastal watersheds." Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 107: 407-425.
- Lile, D.; Tate, K.W. (2003). "Stubble height standards for Sierra Nevada meadows can be difficult to meet." California Agriculture 57: 60-64.
- Atwill, E.R.; Hou, L. (2002). "Transport of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts through vegetated buffer strips and estimated filtration efficiency." Applied and Environmental Microbiology 68: 5517-5527.