Glenn County 4-H Council
4-H Council's purpose is to plan, promote and carry out 4-H youth development work. Council is to operate in compliance with UC policies and the Mission, Core Values, and Framework of the 4-H YDP.
The Council has nine meetings during the program year (on the third Monday in August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, June) where the business of the Council is conducted and voted on by the membership.
We encourage all leaders and members (14 years and older) to take an active part in the decision-making process as you are voting members. All clubs should be represented. These representatives should then report back to their Club about what was discussed at the Council meeting.
The purpose of the Council is to:
- Oversee the management aspects of the 4-H YDP.
- Develop and coordinate educational programs, event activities and training that support and are consistent with the program.
- Build in mechanisms to achieve affirmative action goals and develop a management body whose membership is representative of the diversity of the community.
- Include involvement of 4-H adult volunteers and members in operations and decision-making.
- Facilitate community involvement to contribute to program focus and direction.
- Facilitate the expansion of programs into new communities.