4-H Council's purpose is to plan, promote and carry out 4-H youth development work. Council is to operate in compliance with UC policies and the Mission, Core Values, and Framework of the 4-H YDP.
The purpose of the Council is to:
- Oversee the management aspects of the 4-H YDP.
- Develop and coordinate educational programs, event activities and training that support and are consistent with the program.
- Build in mechanisms to achieve affirmative action goals and develop a management body whose membership is representative of the diversity of the community.
- Include involvement of 4-H adult volunteers and members in operations and decision-making.
- Facilitate community involvement to contribute to program focus and direction.
- Facilitate the expansion of programs into new communities.