The application period for SWEEP 2021 is now CLOSED. You can check the awarded projects here.
Please contact UC Cooperative Extension specialist Lizzeth Mendoza at email@example.com for questions or help with practice implementation.
Para informacion en español seleccione aqui.
|SWEEP grants encourage producers to reduce both their water consumption and their greenhouse gas emissions. Successful applications must increase water efficiency and demonstrate the impact that the project will have on emissions. CDFA will award funds up to $100,000 but encourages applicants to find matching funds.|
- Installation of a variable frequency drive
- Pump retrofit or replacement
- Soil moisture sensors
- Electronic weather station linked to irrigation controller
- Use of evapotranspiration (ET) based irrigation scheduling
- Conversion to micro-irrigation or drip irrigation
- Pump conversion from diesel to electric or to renewable energy such as solar
- Conversion to low-pressure irrigation system