821 E. South Street
Orland, CA 95963
SpecialtyPrecision irrigation and drought mitigation strategies for tree crops
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Fruit and Nut Crop
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Drainage and Irrigation Systems and Facilities
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Mokari, Esmaiil; Samani, Zohrab (2022). Development of a new UAV-thermal imaging based model for estimating pecan evapotranspiration. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 194.
Pierce, C.; Reyes, C. (2023). Plant cover crops now to prepare for another wet winter. Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. September 12.
- Hasey, J.; Milliron, L. (2023). 2022 Sample Costs to Establish and Produce English Walnuts In the Sacramento Valley. March.
- Pierce, C.; Milliron, L. (2023). March Walnut Tasks. Pacific Nut Producer. 29:3.
- Pierce, C. (2023). Vegetation for Infiltration. Sacramento Valley Walnut News. February.
- Niederholzer, F; Pierce, C. (2022). Almond Orchard Management Considerations - March & April. Sacramento Valley Almond News. March.
- Niederholzer, F.; Jarvis-Shean, K. (2022). Fertilizing Almonds after a Frost. Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. May 18.
- Pierce, C.; Milliron, L. (2022). Has It Been a Wet Winter? Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. February 24.
- Niederholzer, F.; Jarvis-Shean, K. (2022). Irrigating Freeze Damaged Almonds in a Drought. Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. May 11.
- Pierce, C. (2022). Late-season Irrigation Management in Prune. Sacramento Valley Prune Newsletter. August.
- Pierce, C.; Milliron, L. (2022). Late-Season Irrigation Strategies for Almond. Glenn County Farm Bureau Newsletter. June.
- Jarvis-Shean, K. (2022). Mid to Late-season Drought Strategies for Walnut Orchards. Sacramento Valley Walnut News. June.
- Pierce, C. (2022). Vegetation for Infiltration. Sacramento Valley Almond News. December.
- Pierce, C. (2020). Revisiting Drip Irrigation for New Mexico Pecans. West Coast Nut. July 10.
- Pierce, C. A.; Stringam, B. L. (2019). "Assessing Water Use Efficiency in Field-Grown Pecans Under a Partial Root Zone Drying Irrigation Regime." Hortscience 54(9): S329-S329.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Olive - Member