Glenn County 4-H Scholarships
Scholarship Award 2022-2023
Glenn County 4-H Council will be awarding scholarships for the 2022-2023 4-H Program Year. Potential Scholarships awarded will be in increments of $1000.00, $750.00, $500.00, and $250.00. Applicants will be selected based on cumulative results of the application, the individual’s personal interviews, and on growth in the 4-H program. Amounts awarded will be decided amongst the interview panel.
Scholarship distribution will be given in one payment at the beginning of the first semester once the recipient has sent their class schedule or military acceptance to the UCCE Office. Scholarship awards will not be held beyond one school year of the award date.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
- Graduating high school senior
- Currently an active 4-H member with at least two years of active 4-H membership in high school.
- Achieved a minimum 2.0 accumulative grade point average and meet entrance requirements to a university, community college, vocational school, or military service.
- Completed and signed application
- 4-H Resume (see sample attached)
- Letters of recommendation
- One 4-H Adult Volunteer reference and two non-related professional references. Outside of 4-H (community, work, or school related) are recommended.
- Current photo for publicity purposes
- Current official sealed high school transcript
- Essay or short-answer prompts relevant to the requirements (See essay/short-answer question details on the back).
Application & Evaluation Rubric
All of the above items must be completed and received at the UC Cooperative Extension- Glenn County Office by mail or hand-delivered no later than Monday, March 20, 2023, for consideration. The final selection will be by an interview on Thursday, April 6, 2023, starting at 6:30 p.m., at the UC Cooperative Extension Office in Orland. Be sure to schedule your interview appointment by calling the UC Cooperative Extension Office at (530) 865-1107.
Mail the Application to: Glenn County 4-H Council, P.O. Box 697, Orland, CA 95963.
Hand Deliver the Application to: UC Cooperative Extension, Glenn County, 821 East South Street, Orland, CA 95963.