4-H Horse Show
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Glenn County Fairgrounds
221 E Yolo Street, Orland, CA 95963
RAIN DATE: June 4, 2016
Map to Location
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FORM
PRE-ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY APRIL 16. POST ENTRIES ACCEPTED THE DAY OF THE SHOW.
Entry Fee $45.00 (All Day) or $4.99 per class
Mail or deliver to: Glenn County Cooperative Extension
P.O. Box 697
Orland, CA 95963
We also need sponsors for buckles and prizes. If you are interested in sponsoring an award, please contact the Glenn County UCCE Office at (530) 865-1107, or mail donations to Glenn County 4-H Council, P.O. Box 697, Orland, CA 95963.
Hope to see you there!
Rules of Entry
- Classes are open to all 4-Hers in Northern California Counties (Del Norte, Humboldt, Siskiyou, Modoc, Trinity, Shasta, Lassen, Tehama, Glenn, Butte, Colusa, Sutter, Yuba, Plumas, Sierra, Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, Amador, Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Solano, Sacramento, Yolo).
- ENTRANT MUST BE A 4-H MEMBER ENROLLED IN A HORSE PROJECT.
- Walk-Trot Division is open to 1st & 2nd year members only. Members who enter into Walk-Trot 1st & 2nd year may not cross enter into Junior or Senior classes (except for showmanship) and must remain in that division all day.
- 4-H Open classes are open to all age divisions except those exhibitors entered into the Walk/Trot 1st & 2nd year classes.
- 4-H members, if required by their county, must have a Horse Identification Form on file with their Cooperative Extension Office.
- Long sleeved shirts and boots or show clothes are required in all classes. ASTM/SEI approved helmets are required by all exhibitors when mounted on a horse or being pulled by one or more horses. It is recommended that helmets be worn at all times when handling a horse.
- 4-H whites are optional for showmanship. ASTM/SEI approved helmets are recommended but not required to be worn in showmanship.
- Management reserves the right to dismiss any horse from the grounds that is handled in such a way as to endanger others.
- No stallions are permitted on grounds.
- Entry fee is $45.00 per day or $4.99 per class. Entries MUST BE SIGNED by parent or guardian.
- A horse may be used by more than one member of the same immediate family, but can only be used once in any one class.
- Any horse shown in snaffle may be ridden with 2 hands.
- No training devices, i.e., sidepulls, martingales, tiedowns, will be allowed in show classes.
- The gymkhana walk/trot classes are not qualifying classes.
- All 4-H policies apply to this event: http://4h.ucanr.edu/Resources/Policies/.
16. Any rule not addressed in these pages may be found at the United States Equestrian Federation website: http://www.usef.orgunder rule book (equitation, hunter/jumpers and western divisions) or the California Gymkhana Association web site (gymkhana) http://calgymkhana.com/.
List of Classes
1) 4 -H Showmanship - Senior
2) 4-H Showmanship - Junior
3) 4-H English Equitation - Senior
4) 4-H English Equitation - Junior
5) 4-H English Equitation - Walk/Trot
6) 4-H English Pleasure - Senior
7) 4-H English Pleasure - Junior
8) 4-H English Pleasure - Walk/Trot
9) 4-H Hunter Hack - Open- Crossrails
10) 4-H Western or English Horsemanship - Senior
11) 4-H Western or English Horsemanship - Junior
12) 4-H Western or English Horsemanship - Walk/Trot
13) 4-H Western Equitation - Senior
14) 4-H Western Equitation - Junior
15) 4-H Western Equitation -Walk/Trot
16) 4-H Western Pleasure - Senior
17) 4-H Western Pleasure - Junior
18) 4-H Western Pleasure - Walk/Trot
19) 4-H Beginning Reining - Open
20) 4-H Single Stake– Senior
21) 4-H Single Stake– Junior
22) 4-H Single Stake– Walk/Trot
23) 4-H Speed Barrels– Senior
24) 4-H Speed Barrels– Junior
25) 4-H Speed Barrels– Walk/Trot
26) 4-H Cloverleaf Barrels-Senior
27) 4-H Cloverleaf Barrels-Junior
28) 4-H Cloverleaf Barrels-Walk/Trot
29) 4-H Bareback Equitation - Open
30) 4-H Ribbon Race
31) 4-H Egg & Spoon
32) 4-H Australian Trot Race
33) 4-H Team Competition - Boot Race
- Overall High Point buckles will be awarded for each age division in-county and Overall High Point awards will be awarded for each age division out of county. Rider must participate in 2 out of 3 disciplines (English, Western, Gymkhana) offered to be eligible for Overall High Point. High Point awards will be determined by highest combined points earned across all disciplines.
- There will also be in-county awards given for the high point rider in each discipline for each age division. The classes used to determine high point awards per discipline are as follows:
English Walk/Trot: 1 or 2, 5, 8, 12 English Junior: 2, 4, 7, 11 English Senior: 1, 3, 6, 10
Western Walk/Trot: 1 or 2, 12, 15, 18 Western Junior: 2, 11, 14, 17Western Senior: 1, 10, 13, 16
Gymkhana Walk/Trot: 1 or 2, 22, 25, 28 Gymkhana Junior: 2, 21, 24, 27Gymkhana Senior: 1, 20, 23, 26
- Points are awarded in each class as follows:
1st – 10 pts., 2nd – 9 pts., 3rd - 8 pts., 4th – 7 pts., 5th - 6 pts., 6th - 5 pts., 7th - 4 pts., 8th – 3 pts., 9th – 2 pts., 10th – 1 pt.
- Ties for high point will be broken by placing in showmanship. High points will be accumulated on a one horse-one rider basis.
13 years of age or under as of January 1st of the current year.
14 years of age or older and not yet 19 years of age as of January 1st of the current year.
1st & 2nd year members only. Members who enter into Walk-Trot 1st & 2nd year may not cross enter into Junior or Senior classes (except for showmanship) and must remain in that division all day.